Monday, August 23, 2010

SUPER SCORE!!!

It feels like forever since I have posted!
But to be honest, it kinda has been...
I have been checking in here and there, but so busy and we have been on the road that I haven't had time to put together a real post.
Not to mention that I am having a problem uploading photos from my camera!
Blah!
Anyway, I am so excited because the other day I SUPER scored!
I have been looking for a drum carder to make my life easier,
but couldn't afford one and no one ever seems to be getting rid of them.
So a friend I used to garden for had alpaca and I went to her house to get some fleece that she was going to give to me...
She is sadly going through a divorce and it is getting messy, so she unfortunately had to find homes for her alpaca and she also had a spinning wheel and drum carder that she was going to sell!
I only had enough money at the moment for the drum carder (which I got for a fraction of the price of a new one!), but I ended up also coming home with a ball winder, more fleece, and TONS of veggies from her garden...
Boy what a day, I was so happy!!!
I am trying to save now for the spinning wheel, but that might take a while.
I am so excited about the drum carder though, it is already making my life so much easier!!!

What have you all been up to?
I have been missin' you!

No comments:

Post a Comment