Friday, December 31, 2010

Spin Spin Spinning

My spindles have been busy lately.
I have been meaning to spin for a while now,
it always seems to be my fall and winter project.






I love spinning.
I have a spinning wheel that I got last year at the flea market for $10 in working condition.
Pretty sweet score!
But I have to say,
I love using my drop spindles of which I have many...
I find preparing the fiber and spinning the yarn to be relaxing,
stress relieving.
It is like meditation for me.
It just makes me feel better,
like gardening does in the spring and summer!

What kind of things relax you or do you do as a meditation?

2 comments:

  1. I love spinning also, allows me to sit quietly but still be doing something, and I love the feel of the fiber flowing through my fingers. We raise alpacas so I have lots of fiber to spin, so soft and so luxurious!

    Julie
    http://alpacameadows.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spinning is on my list of things to learn this year. Right now, I just knit...but really want to start making my own yarns. Knitting is definitely a meditation for me, as is gardening.

    I also do a sitted meditation practice, which I love, but it's nice to be able to do something constructive (not that meditation on it's own isn't) while sitting and meditating. :)

    I'm off to searh etsy for drop spindles. :)

    ReplyDelete