Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Crane














Spring is always so wonderful after a long winter of quiet, cold and cleansing white.

I was happy the other day to find this crane sitting, waiting, hunting for its meal down the road in the grasses of the cove.
I had to be slow and cunning to get these photos, even at a distance.
Having Veda with me was no help!

What a regal and curious creature.
I love how smoothly he was moving and the way he was darting his beak into the grass and water to snatch a snack.

I am fascinated by cranes.
They have such alien bodies,
with long, twiggy legs and long windy necks topped with a spear for the hunt.
I think I would like to incorporate them in my work somehow.
I wonder how they will emerge?

Do you have any animals that fascinate you?

1 comment:

  1. My friend and I watched Planet Earth for Earth Day and I'm absolutely amazed that something as magnificent as a whale even exists. These animals DANCE as a form of COMMUNICATION. I'm absolutely blown away by this. Also their sheer size is just amazing! Anyways, I just wanted to say that I really like your blog and am glad I happened upon it :)

    ReplyDelete