Sunday, May 15, 2011

it's like magic







What a rainy Sunday!
Is this not the happiest looking pup in the entire universe?
One huge smile as she ran towards me, oh how I love Miss Lou!

Her smiling doggy face makes me so happy, which is good because yesterday and today have been stressful...

First, my camera died.
I mean like dead, dead.
Not "crap I need new batteries... oh, I will get them tomorrow" dead.

Now I am looking to raise money to get this camera.
(so if there ever was a time to support my etsy shop, now is it! ha ha ha!)
But I did manage to get it to give me the last few photos I took on it today,
so that was good.


I really had quite the fit yesterday evening when I put the cotton I had mordanted into the dye jar I had been cultivating for the last few days.
My camera died and then
LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED!
If you remember the color it started from this post,





How amazing!?!
It went from a purply-fuchsia to blueish-purple!
I still can't get over it.

I immediately ran out to harvest a pint sized mason jar full of the flowers that I used!
Now I have some wool yarn that I spun up this winter and some cotton thread soaking in alum as we speak,
can't wait to dye them and see what happens.
I am thinking of using dock leaves.
Or maybe I will dig up the roots and use those...
Or maybe both! HA!


Also, I have some new crocheted necklaces in the shop
and here are a couple more that I will be listing sometime between today and toworrow evening.






These I am very excited about.
The stones are from a couple of friends up the street who mine here in New England.
It is alway fun to go over there!
I traded this batch for some work which you can see here in this post.

I am really excited,
I have some very nice pieces done and more in the process of...

So, how has your weekend been?
What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment