Thursday, June 30, 2011

thank goodness for the flowers and the sea




















There has been a lot going on around here lately.
Emotionally, in my head, in my life, and so on...

Some things are trying to shift,
but I am not sure yet when, where or if they are going.

I am trying to remember that everything will work out in the end although it doesn't quite feel that way at the moment.

Either way, I am happy to see the elder flowers in bloom.
Elder is one of my favorite herbs and I always am happy to go berry gathering when they are ripe.
I always love making syrup and adding them to pies...
Oh elder, how I love you!
I love looking at their lacy flowery umbels.

Do you have a favorite herb?
I also love the rosa rugosa (beach rose) that is abundant around here.
I have some sitting out just now, transitioning from a solar infusion to a lunar infusion.
I will be so happy to drink it all up tomorrow!



1 comment:

  1. Emotional transition seems to be in the air for a lot of people I know, myself included. Wishing you well as you ride the shifting tides, it will come out alright in the end.

    I don't have a favorite herb, there are just too many to choose! But the foxglove is busting out all over along the roadsides here, and it's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete