Thursday, October 27, 2011

Feelin' kinda rambly...




It is so gross and raw and wet here today. There is supposedly a chance of snow later (which I would be more pleased about, yet doubt, being on the coast, we will get). I had a hard time focusing this morning, I was so tired from staying up until almost 3 am which I never do.

I am kind of grannyish when it comes to sleep, I like to go to bed at a reasonable time because I don't like to sleep in and I prefer to get up fairly early. Actually, I have a really hard time sleeping in...

Ok, anyway, I went bowling with a bunch of friends, which we tend to do fairly regularly on wednesday nights. It's super awesome, glow bowling, with the flashy lights and black lights and everything. Yeah, it's that kind of bowling. So it goes until midnight and then we hung out for a bit afterward which was nice, but then I didn't get home until really late...

I did get a bunch of felting done, but now I need to find a model so I can photograph at least a few of the new pieces before they sell. I have also been working on knitting a new pair of fingerless mittens, that's kind of exciting (and distracting when I should be doing other things). I think I have too many things going on in my head today, focusing is really difficult.

Obviously I am a bit rambley today, I'm allowed that right?!!?

These photos are of my little walk the other day (sans icky cold rain) in Halibut Point. I think it is a state park, or maybe it's a reservation? Whatever, I can't remember. But it sure was lovely out that day. I love how blue the water (both ocean and quarry) and sky is, plus the browns and greys of the granite and the fire reds, golds and oranges that are in the low bush leading down to the water. There were also some really beautiful, fluffy clouds dotting the skyline. It was a happy kind of day...










Halibut Point is in rockport, which is the town next to where I live. I live on what I guess is basically a peninsula (although we refer to it as the Island) and Rockport is basically at the end. So you are able to find a spot and just look out over the ocean with no end in sight.
Kinda cool.

Well, I am off to tend to the wood stove, put Posey Bird to sleep and then try and hunt down some chocolate. I am hoping I can find a hidden stash or something.
Hope you are all cozy and warm.

One last thing I would like to share with you tonight (found via Jillian's twitter feed):

We must bring our own light to the darkness.

[Bukowski]


Night all.



2 comments:

  1. so much blue! and i love the tide pool shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these shots Brit! I especially love how Veda knows she is being photographed and totally sits for it!! I hope today's sunshine brightens your day!

    ReplyDelete