Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fire Falls To The Earth












The colors yesterday on my walk were so incredible, it is one of my favorite things about fall! It was interesting to see the color variation depending on the trees. The poplars were all golden and green, the maples had this amazing fire on the edges or dotted throughout and the oaks were all hues of red ranging from auburn to crimson. If you haven't seen a New England fall, there really isn't anything like it! Well, I think it might be time for me to take a trip to my mom's attic to get my winter jackets out of storage.

Also, I am excited to announce that I am learning to knit socks! I went to the knitting night at the local yarn shop- little side note: I love this shop, all the people that work there are crazy (in a good way and it is very welcoming, plus they have a LOT of wonderful yarns). Knit night was great, there were a couple of feisty older ladies and a couple of my friends showed up as well. Now I am obsessed with my current knitting projects and find them to be slightly distracting at times when I need to be working on stock for my upcoming fairs. Anyway, I hope these socks come out ok...
Do you knit?



No comments:

Post a Comment