Thursday, April 11, 2013

Traumerei... Daydreaming





A few crystals waiting to be finished and made into necklaces.
I am hoping to have them in the shop this weekend.

In other news:

We are getting the garden ready (a little late, oops).
Finally got a fence up, hopefully it will be puppy-proof.
Hoping to put the seeds we have in the ground, but we may have to wait a little longer for the manure we scored to compost a little more first. This should also be a good way to test the fence since I am sure puppy would LOVE to eat said poop. (Already had to chase her out, guess we need a real door) YUCK!

I am daydreaming about getting chickens.
Well all sorts of different animals really, but starting with chickens.
Not sure if it is gonna happen this year, though. (*frowning*)
This is hilarious, however.

We am hoping to take a trip to Maine this month to start looking for where we want to be.
You know, other than just dreaming about where we 'think' we want to be.
Definitely want to be coastal, we can't be too far from our beloved ocean.

I, well technically we, am trying to teach myself German.
I was so proud of myself last week when I could put together a (very) simple sentence.
"Ich habe hunger... Ich kann nicht warten Fruhstuck!"
Which translates to "I'm hungry... I can't wait for breakfast!"
I was waiting for my guy to get back with food.
Yay! Go me!


That's all for now.
Auf Weidersehen!




5 comments:

  1. Lovely necklaces!
    Are you thinking of moving?
    We are going back to England well, first it will be Andy and then Ilianna and me, at first it's gonna be hard be on my own with Ilianna but....we need this change :)

    Have a great time!

    Lluisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine you're looking for the perfect spot with room for some animals!
    I've always wanted sheep and Nubian goats. And a couple of horses and...
    Can't wait for you to scout out Maine.
    The garden! That dog! The cleanup! Ha!
    Have a good one, Brit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lluisa, we are... but it has to be near the ocean. We are hoping in the next year or so, but we will see... I wish you all the best on your adventure as well!

    Lynn, You know it! Definitely want animals. A couple sheep definitely, and would love goats as well... and many more! I can't wait until we scout out Maine as well, I hope to make them business trips as well and start establishing some new relationships with stores that may be interested in carrying my work. Fingers crossed, I tend to be shy when talking about my work in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your necklaces are lovely! Also, hooray for chickens!

    ReplyDelete