Tuesday, October 14, 2014

On sunny days like this....










I just have to take a moment to go lay in the grass and feel the sun on my face while the dogs run and play.

<<<<<>>>>>

Things have been a bit wonky lately.
A crazy lunar eclipse and full moon madness and now Mercury is in retrograde.
This means that it was a bad idea for me to make an appointment to bring my car to the shop for them to fix a few things (that has turned into a week of me not having my car).
I have succumbed to the fact that I just shouldn't plan anything and let go of expecting to fully accomplish things. I have a "to-do" list that feels about a mile long, with very few things crossed off
.
I still haven't finished going through and editing the gazillion photos from California.
I need to actually MAKE the applesauce (instead of just sifting thought the apples sitting in boxed on the kitchen floor turning into worm food). And on that note I still need to make pickles...
Oh, and I missed the goldenrod (although, I still have my heart set on finding a small secret patch that is blooming just right to make herbal immune honey with).

With that said, it has been beautiful out. We have gotten some much needed rain, but lately the weather has been perfect! I have been working with a friend in her garden and helping her catch up with herbal products. I have been feeling some severe wanderlust, but haven't gone far (sad!). There are a few things I have gotten done, though and am slowly chipping away at the list:
I have started Fire Cider,
teasel root tincture,
Kloss' liniment (pictured above)
and tulsi-rose honey.
I made a big batch of elderberry syrup (woo!). The whole house lives on this stuff.
And I have a new design- that needs photographing and listing, ha!- and have a few new things I am working on debuting in the shop.

How have you been, lovelies?



2 comments:

  1. You'll get 'er done...;) I know so well that nagging feeling of all the things on 'the list'. But hey, lying in the grass with the sun on your face isn't a waste of time!
    Sounds to me like you're doing plenty. You are herbal mama!
    When your car is fixed, perhaps you could go on a nice long drive. Is that on your list? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might have to be on the list, Lynn... I am WAY overdue for an extended adventure!

      Delete